Pages

photo II: femininity

my main project  for photo II was "exploring femininity" through myself and others around me, regardless of sex or gender.

I wanted to see how behavior, body language, textures and tones could describe something as "feminine" because it's not necessarily a fixed concept in a binary way, and it's not biological. it is a concept that was created and manifests itself in different ways to different communities or individuals. it's easy to forget that there are expressions of femininity other than pretty/symmetrical faces, fair skin, long hair, thinness, expensive clothes, fake boobs, etc. etc. those are the images and "rules" we're taught through mainstream images like advertisement and movies/tv shows/pop stars in western culture.

I feel like I see femininity more as a comfortability in being vulnerable, both in sharing one's own vulnerability and respecting others'.



hookah goddess






niki













































No comments:

Post a Comment